Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Feelings on Union

Every1 has an argument for and against unions, but i can tell u all from 15yrs of experience from being in a union with verizon that every single technician both in house and contractors would be better off with a union. Cablevision employees had their chance to vote in a union and the suits at cablevision panicked. They immediately started offering employees all of these promises that they were going to receive if they vote nay. My question is, if the union is so useless then why would they care if the union came in or not? To make a long story short the in house techs voted down the union and the suits has not come through on one promise made and the techs regret voting no. Ever notice how our rates keep dropping per job while the installation rates for residential and commercial customers keep rising, Where is all the money going; not in the techs pockets!!! With a union they can force companies to make mandatory pay rate increases coincide with rate increases for customers and inflation. How about holidays, We are supposed to receive national holidays off yet we don't. How about pensions and insurance. I took a buyout package from verizon 5yrs ago and i am still receiving monthly checks and benefits from them and will continue to do so for the next 10yrs!!!!! The very same pension the suits at verizon were trying to get rid of if there was no union. So do cable techs (both in house and contractors) need to be unionized, HELL YES!! It's worth the 30 or 35 bucks a month.(director)
This is CABL.com posting #156940. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOZs
Posted in reply to: Re: Feelings on Union by oldschooldbstech
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Feelings on Union oldschoolgal 12/5/2005 3:07:00 PM
Re: Feelings on Union nycable34 12/4/2005 9:13:00 PM
Re: Feelings on Union littlebear 12/4/2005 5:48:00 PM
Re: Feelings on Union Trey9007 12/4/2005 1:29:00 PM