Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Feelings on Union

"trey i stated that no employee can be disciplined without a union rep present. not just union employee"

Dont want to be accused of twisting words but this sounds like you are saying that non-union employees cant be disciplined whithout union representation. Maybe its a type error. But if its not, thats absolutely crazy.

The 3 strike rule is NOT automatic. I have never worked under one. You telling that if I violate ANY 2 rules I will still get a third. Thats crazy!! So if Im in a factory and I am operating equipment with no safety equipment NONTHING will happen??!?!? What union would negotiate that. You are not helping your members, you are endagering them. In my experience the 3 strike rule is usually used for things like attendance, or low productivity. And even then most of the time these polocies come about because arbitraitors usually dont believe in justifying a firing or suspension because someone is late one day, or has a period where the productivity is down. And its never in the contract, it more of a company policy. Companies would never allow that to be put in a contract. They just make it a policy on certain things because they know an arbitraitor will be looking for thing like that. Not putting it in the contract gives them flexibilty of looking at each case seperately. I dont think a union would bother trying to get that in the contract because they know arbitrators usually look for these things. If you are telling me that your experience you could break any rule and the contract has an article saying that the employee is to be given 3 chances I would love to see it. Tell me what union it is. Thats a break through.

As far as the St. Charles installer, I will gladly say this installer has a right to due process. This is if thats the guy who burned down the house. WHy you ask? Lets say he followed he company policy to the letter, but this still happend. Should he be fired? I dont think so? But if he didnt...... well he lost his only defence. But I believe there should be process to find these things out. And with no union, there isnt.

As far as ma mell and the rest. Im comparing them to us because they are union in similar industry and dont have the problems we have. Is it just because they are union, no. But I believe it does play a large role. I
This is CABL.com posting #156723. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOVX
Posted in reply to: Re: Feelings on Union by sumahit
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Feelings on Union Wife of a cable guy 11/30/2005 11:57:00 AM
Re: Feelings on Union diddler 11/30/2005 9:21:00 AM