Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Feelings on Union

So let me see if I got this right....Company lays-off employee, Other employers who do not have a contract with the union is not hiring or refusing to hire laid off employees. And the union (which actually is the employee) is considered the bad guy. Thats a interesting point of view. Funny thing is, that if the union actually tried to force an employer whom they have no contract with to hire their members people would say the union was acting like thugs. So i guess the union loses either way. And dont forget how non-union companies are hesitant to hire a bunch ex-union guys because they fear they may have an organizing drive on their hands. And then theres those employers who dont like to hire people who have been recently laid off because they still have recall rights with the other company. Ever noticed how some applications ask you if you have recall rights anywhere.

As far as slackers, they are in every profession. EVERY. But I must say its amazing how unions are supposed to be full of slackers but they still have very good records in safety, on time project completions, and under budget job cost.

And for the forklift driver...... Is it really his fault. Or is it bad management. Management doesnt properly schedule manpower and the forklift driver is to blame for taking his break. Unions catch hell for this too?!?! HOW?!? Supervisors know their employees are entitled to breaks. But let me guess, since management cant schedule effeciently the fork lift driver should not take his break. Man!!! You guys are tough on unions, but so easy on managers. They get blamed for nonthing, not even their own actions. Now, what if he did work past his break and because of fatigue, or not, he has an accident or something. Guess what, hes going to be disciplined. And him saying he worked past his break is going help managements case against him.

With all this said, youre right. We will just disagree on this one. And thats fine with me. No hard feelings here. To be honest I found this to be a very pleasant little talk.
This is CABL.com posting #156622. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOUk
Posted in reply to: Re: Feelings on Union by sumahit
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Feelings on Union sumahit 11/28/2005 8:32:00 PM