Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: msp and the future

The MSP program is a scam. It is a way for DSI & P10 to charge their techs for everything. Lost/mis shipped equipment, made up back charges for service calls, service calls on defective equipment etc...More so DSI than P-10, but P10 is following suit.

This whole thing is a scam and I feel sorry for anyone involved who does not see it.

Even HSP's pay their techs for equipment related service calls. But not DSI or P-10. Not only do you have to run the initial service call on your own dime to diagnose the problem, but you have to run it again to replace what ever equipment (if it was equipment) that went bad...FOR FREE. And if you do not...a back charge for $100 gets handed to you because they say so...No proof needed that there ever was a SC ran by the HSP...just because they say one was ran you get charged. This coming from the same people who swear up and down you did not return equipment on cancelled jobs, but when you run the access card on DTV's retailer site, you find the access card in question activated in another state across the country. So not only did you return it, they reissued it out again....but they insist you never returned it to them...what cheaters and liars.

The whole thing is a scam...I just wish I had seen it earlier. I would not have lost so much in this ordeal.

Open your eyes techs...join together and refuse to do the installs until they change their buisness practices. If every one walked at the same time...do you think they could explain it to their vendors?....UH...MR. Vendor, we are sorry your customer did not get installed today...he will have to wait until we can find another tech gullible enough to handle this install, you see all of our techs have walked off their jobs because we kept giving it to them up their tails and abusing them so badly that they decided enough is enough...

I am not complaining about the prices they pay per installation, 85/20 is a fair pay, it could be more with the headaches we put up with...the work is not hard, it does not take a rocket scientist to do it...but damn it, don't screw the techs out of what little they do make. After all, the techs are the ones actually doing the work.

All they want are completions, regardless of if they are being done to specs or not...after all, it is the tech who gets the shaft if they have a service call.

I for one have had enough...I have had enough of their lies, their cheating the techs out of their money, their BS all around.

I said once this is no longer fun to do, I was not going to do it anymore...well it is no longer fun.

You other MSP's out there reading this, you have 2 options.
1) keep taking it up the tail and keep kissing ass, run those service calls for free, pay that equipment fee...you might not go bankrupt until the middle of next year.
2) Smile and wave them good bye, there is a ton of work out there and it is better paying. With less headaches and hassles.

Stand up for yourselves. The cream of the crop in installations ALWAYS rises to the top. If you are that damn good an installer, there will always be work for you. Don't cower down, things will only get worse if you let it.
This is CABL.com posting #156256. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOOq
Posted in reply to: Re: msp and the future by sumahit
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: msp and the future N2cable 11/22/2005 1:06:00 PM
Re: msp and the future keeler69 11/21/2005 8:00:00 PM