Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Installation price,,,A Calculation Tool

I have heard this in various forms. To figure a fair price the parties to a CONTRTACT need to agree to share:
1. Work volume.........Is it a one time event or will it be a long term project.
2. The Specification.............exactly how is it to be done, who inspects & when.
3. When is it to be done.......who schedules the work.
4. How much will be paid , when & by whome.
5. Others I have not listed. These are the main ones.

EMPLOYERS control all of these. Take it or leave it. Fail to follow these requirements and you AS AN EMPLOYEE are out.

CONTRACTORS negotiate who controls each factor in the contract. If one party controls ALL the factors they they have an unfair advantage but run the risk of being declared an EMPLOYEE and other LAWS apply.

SOOOOOOOO. As DTV or DISH or a CATV office tries to control all factors of the contract they get closer to becomming and employer. As one party states most of the work requirements the other party adjusts the other factors.

Here, for me, in MD, today I could take 3 installation jobs in one of three nearby counties, go do the installations for 70/15 and be glad to be paid in two weeks, subject to a reasonable QC. Elsewhere = different money etc.

Joe

This is CABL.com posting #156211. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mONH
Posted in reply to: Re: Installation price by Bird Dog
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Installation price,,,A Calculation Tool sumahit 11/21/2005 5:42:00 PM