Create your free account now! Sign up

so long linedogs

im posting to say goodbye to some of the best people in the world ( some of the worst) and one of the worst industries these days. ive done 18 years of this godforesaken business and i have loved every minute i have spent in the field building the infrastructure that the future dogs will have to work with. but after 8 years in house then a divorce that sent me on the road looking for adventure and big money i found both. however a handshake these days doesnt mean what it used to when i was brought up from greenhorn to hard a** lineman. and i say that with the greatest amount of pride as anyone out there can.i leave knowing that i can run a circle around 90 percent of the dogs out there run with 5 percent and learn mounds from the remaining 5 percent.i am not to arrogant as to think im the absolute top dog but I will never never sell myself short.linemen are a rare breed and i am proud to have been among your ranks, but when prices go from 26 cents a foot to 10.5 in 3 years and the man cant come up with a good check at the end of the week and no mso in my neck of the woods is willing to pay more than 9.50 an hour to a man with 18 years in the business its time to say goodbye.i do this with tears in my eyes believe it or not.i just want to say thank you to all of the people that have helped me through the years......THANK YOU ...Jerry Snyder(my first mentor that saw a lineman somewhere in a long haired hard core metal head THANK YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY Leonard Leanard, and Jeff Jones for giving me multiple chaces to f up in my early yearsAND NOT FIRING ME AS I PROBABLY DESERVED ON AN OCCASION OR TWO ,Evan Bovee(for teching me the electronic side of catv and for teaching my dumb a** when to shut up and put up, Eric Irons for teaching me to laugh at this crazy business when absolutely nothing was funny. (you guys taught me not only to be a lineman but how to be a man when i was an 18 year old punk smokin the gonja. Robin McGrath and Kerry McGrath (for letting me into contracting to begin with , Ned Richardson (5000 ft. of fiber a day or dont show up for work) , Randy (the legend) Watt, Mark Tober, Jeremy Holbook(you wre the best groundman/partner i ever had) Ronald Ely,(you were the best friend a man could ever have had in this business or in life MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL)(angel) ,Gary Candle(people like you are what this ihdustry should be all about) Gary Ogden (thanks for setting the contract right in Lake County Ohio) Larry Bock from adelphia thank you for giving me something to aspire to be,you are a good man and also what people should in this industry should live up to to at all times ,all the people that helped me and my crews out over the tears by letting us park our trucks on your property for the night or by the week wanting nothing more than a 12 pack of coke and a few minutes of our time to talk about what we did and talk to us about our travels about this great country of ours and wishing you had our life while we wished we had yours) SPECIAL THANKS TO COUNTRY MEADOWS GOLF COURSE MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR ALL TIMES (halo)just north of Meadville Pa.,off of rt. 19(MOST AWESOME PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET AND IF ANYBODY EVER WORKS IN THIS AREA YOU REALLY SHOULD LOOK THEM UP AND STOP IN FOR DINNER AND TALK WITH THEM,THEY WILL TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A WORKING MAN(usa)) you made bad days worthwhile and reminded us why we do what we do as you thanked us for bringing your neighborhood/farmland out of the dark ages and into the information age. Troy Strough(moon),Dean Patterson,(moon)Jason Patterson(claw),Lynn Patterson (moon)(along with Jeremy and Roy"Dogg Pound-GO BROWNS Davis) and yes even you James "Journeyman power lineman that didnt know sh*t about catv but still wanted to run the show"Docking(peace)we ruled the Cleveland job and no one will ever forget that,especially me (Thanks Fellas That was more fun than I ever thought I could have while crawling through the wosrt inner city easements known to man and we still made good money on footage while all the pansy ass so called line beeotches cried ) Well this has gone on almost as long as my career in catv but if you hung in there to read all of this thanks to you too, as this is my swan song (hopefully, this industry has a way of sucking you back in) and I appreciate everybody that Ihave mabtioned here and if you are one of the ones i mentioned i would love to here from you or if you just know any of these people i woud love to share some stories about them and you and us, the men and women that make this industry great. And to all you out there that are honest hard working family men, hard core bad ass linemen/women, flawless splicers, timely precise installers that dont leave slop behind (upyours)ingress, all of the guys and gals that go out on christmas eve and new years eve , and on their kids birthday and any other fd up time (ie. in the middle of gettin some) to fix outages for unappreciative f*** face customers MAY GOD BLESS BLESS YOU AND YOURS .And to all the f**** up prime contractors,subcontractors ,subcontractors of subcontractors of subcontractos that pretend to be primes that cant walk the walk but somehow talk the talk as if you read a book about it (read all you want and want all you want you aint sh*t compared to me or any other real dog that has crawled through snow up to his ba**s in a 3000 foot easment to get the fiber up in a big hurry because someone failed to plan ahead, took 10 hours pulling fiber in to place then pulling lasher through 30 ft at a time because thats how long the throw rope was and got it done on pride and 43 dollars for the day and still had the balls to drop a 12 pack or so at the local bar and get up into the same snow (if not more the next day ,it WAS south Erie PA ) (never complained just felt proud because we had the gonads to do it when no one else coulda woulda done it and got a big surprised look from the job super and asked what we were doing out at 7 am the next morning andf we looked at him and said thats just what we do now excuse us but we cant make 43 dollars every day today is our money day and by the way your very welcome.The REAL DOGS that i came up with you never will be not even in your dreams mother *******. Now go cash that check that aint rightfully your BI**H and go blow it on coke or vegas or your hunting trip that were not even invited to and blow it up you a**(flame)(upyours)(cussing)(cussing)(laser)To everyone else out there I guess Im having trouble letting this go but I know in my heart of hearts that rthe time has come.Good oppurtunity with a company that makes speciallized torque wrenches (some even for the catv indurstry) so Ill still have my grubby little workin mans hands on something in this business.To all who remain once again may God Bless you,yours,your travels,good luck,make lots of money and hold the man to it (old school style, one guy with a bell wrench in hand and the other with a necktie made especially for deviant little f**** that dont pay. HEADACHE and GO LASH YOUNG GROUNDMAN GOOOOOOLASSSSHHHHHH.paece be with you all Someone please respond so I dont feel so Goddang lonely with no more ppoles to climb.I still would love to talk about the work
This is CABL.com posting #155739. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOF5
There are 6 replies to this message
Superlinedog MIDSHEATH 11/15/2005 8:58:00 PM
Re: so long linedogs Chopps 11/15/2005 6:10:00 PM
Re: so long linedogs oldschoolgal 11/15/2005 5:47:00 PM
Re: so long linedogs kingsplize 11/14/2005 7:01:00 PM
Re: so long linedogs redrocker80 11/13/2005 8:36:00 PM
Re: so long linedogs Gary Vest 11/12/2005 5:43:00 AM