Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: drop wire

O.K. i'll try to be more technical in my explanation, (no offence taken by the way). When the shielding is under the outer jacket, it is "shielded " from the outside world and all of the different kinds of trash floating around out there. When the braiding (shielding) is sticking out the back of the fitting it is no longer protected by anything and becomes a miniture antenna. It will even pick up the waves off of a battery charger if it is close by. Charger from a cordless phone or cordless drill, and it will trash your picture. That issue and the electrical ingress from v.c.rs' and such are the worst I've seen from this problem. Its when you get this situation outside like I said earlier that causes bad fittings. Try it some time, cut a bad fitting, put it some where behind the t.v. plug in your cordless drill battery into the same outlet and experiment with it. It might not happen with every bad fitting cut, but its one of first things I always look for when responding to a bad pic call. I'm not the most technical guys in the woodpile but Ive seen this problem hundreds of times. Hope that sheds some light, Later, Red(snipper)(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #155619. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOD9
Posted in reply to: Re: drop wire by danimal
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: drop wire danimal 11/10/2005 5:27:00 AM
Re: drop wire DONE RIGHT 11/9/2005 9:39:00 PM