Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Fiberglass skin

Im with you Duck,
I used to reglass canoes for a whitewater outfit before crawling in attics for the last 10 years.
Everything you said in your comment is true, especially on with which way to wash and dry your 2001 places.
Also the clothes thing, learned THAT the hard way. Wife wouldnt speak to me for a week.
The only little tidbit that I can add is that it is not too impolite to ask the customer (if you are doing residential) to wash off the fibers from a garden hose on the exposed part of you, in the same direction you said, before they work themselves in more.
By all means, WEAR A DUST MASK!!
Mesothelioma here I come. I always would rather hold my flashlight in my teeth, and always considered it to be just an occupational hazard but have heard too many stories. It is more than insulation but some of the debris from Rat crap that can make you very ill. I reflect on a story about an installer in New Mexico that died from the decay of feces and whateverthehell was in it.
So CYA if you are going to grow very old sometime, I think it is cool also that so many folks out there answered your very important question. Hats off to you all.

(clap)Good Luck.
This is CABL.com posting #154444. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOlc
Posted in reply to: Re: Fiberglass skin by deleted
There are 0 replies to this message