Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: no union

I don't believe anyone is after a union. It's more a brotherhood (union) of contractor's that can join together and make a stand when it is needed and stop some of these overnight primes and subs from raping or way of life. If a thousand Linemen, splicers, sweep tech's and Installers were to stop what they were doing for comcast, Charter, Ect. (even just for one day) it would make them understand there are issues that need to be addressed.
We would need to be people in charge and they should get something for their time. We could have a list of undesirable company's and sub's. Lawyers on call to assist in recovering money owed to those who are cheated. We could have the power to follow through and prosecute those who false bill or do not pay. As far as the comment about the problem of people not wanting to work for their money. Simple unit pay with QC. If you hang one drop, splice one tap, or hang a mile of strand. that is what you earned that day. Yes some are harder than others and there can be a difficulty pay scale with prior written approval from the system owner not just Bill said I could.
In order to join a brotherhood you must be tested for competency. If you are a lineman you must know the difference between a 3 bolt and a bitch clamp. If you are a retro splicer you should able to look at a run and tell how far you can go on each leg without light at the new node. If you are a installer you must know how to ground to NEC standards.
Or you can work for a member and learn how it is done and then join. If we offer QUALITY, EXPERIANCE, AND INTELLAGENCE we can make a difference! This industry can be fixed and I would love to see it in my lifetime.
Just my 1 1/2 cents.
This is CABL.com posting #154320. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOjc
Posted in reply to: Re: no union by messenger
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: no union kong 10/18/2005 8:19:00 PM