Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: no union

The company I was fired from for standing up and trying to organize a union, had managers and supervisors like yourself gfowler1313.
As a in house tech I was paid well, about 60k per year. That is because I was the tech with the most experience and I worked my butt off to get there. Maybe it was an unusual pay structure, but they paid 60/25 installs, 25 service, 40 upgrades. This is with free pole mounts and phone lines (you gotta take the good with the bad).
With the above stated, it was leaked out that the owner Herbert Bruister, made a wopping $23,000,000 in 2004. So all was well at the HSP until their managers and CEO's decided to cut the pie one more time and put us "low level laborers" in our place. They bought or leased a fleet of vans and said if I take a van my pay would be cut in half at best. We were all told that if we took the van we would have plenty of work, without guaranteing us 40 hours.

So I had some choices to make. I could stay in my own vehicle and wait until the day comes when the compnay fills up with hungary young guys making $10 per hour. I could take the van and the pay cut, sale the house and change my lifestyle to be a company pawn. Or I could go out there and rally the 50 other techs and try and get some representation for us "low level laborers".

Soon after my dismissal, hurricane Dennis struck and I fortunately had a contact on a job. I have now relocated my family 6 hours away from our home town in order to provide a decent living for my own. I am now self employed and I am determined to be succesful in this ever changing industry.

So, any union bashing company brown nosing supervisor want to shoot off his mouth about something they haven't experienced try for one minute to put yourself in the position of the technician.
This is CABL.com posting #154317. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOi9
Posted in reply to: Re: no union by gfowler1313
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: no union gfowler1313 10/19/2005 11:06:00 AM
Re: no union SatSouth 10/19/2005 12:21:00 AM