Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: mills construction

First of all, I am willing to admit that this project was a difficult one, but your accusations are unfair at best. As far as lodging goes, we did our best to provide crews with a place to stay. We rented every hotel room and mobile home we could find. And just so you know, we paid for at least four mobile homes that were never made ready for us. The fact is there was not enough housing to go around (that is why you saw most of the other companies camping in tents). Furthermore, you should know that both supervisors and the owner of Mills spent more than half of the project sleeping in our trucks.
As far as paychecks go, everyone that did their work is getting paid exactly what they are owed. I have been ripped off before and I would never do that to someone else. However, there are a few people who took advantage of the situation and tried to rip US off. In one case we were invoiced $16,000 worth of false billing. This guy probably shouldn't wait by the mailbox. In my opinion he belongs in prison. I don't know if you are one of those people or not, but I do know you are claiming that you've been waiting 2 months on "your last check". Since the project didn't even start 2 month's ago , you either have a terrible since of time or you are a liar. Regardless, Mills is a great company. If anyone expected to go to one of the worst natural disasters of our Nation's history and have everything go perfect then you are from another planet.

Jonathan
This is CABL.com posting #154225. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOhF
Posted in reply to: Re: mills construction by eastsidecable
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: mills construction eastsidecable 10/17/2005 12:35:00 PM