Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Will Work For Food

You know I can't ever remember anyone ****ing anyone years ago, it was an unwritten law, you did what you said you would do and a hand shake sealed a lot of deals. There was no scum on the pond. Of course back then was a whole different world, we were just a small group of men that worked hard and relied on each other when the going got tough, now days the industry has been infested by back stabbing wanna bee's and once they see that they can't hang with the big dawgs they resort to what they are good at. I started with ASI in the early 80's, My brother drove me up to the VP's house (Wayne Blanchard, god bless him) in NC, he handed me a set of hooks, we walked out to the road and he sent me up a pole, I went about half way up, he told me to get on the back side of the stick and come down, we drank a couple beers and he loaned me some gear and I went to work the next day, that was it. I trained and starved for about 2 months until I got my production up, that's right, straight onto production, if you couldn't hack it, if you were a drunk or just plain ole lazy you washed out in a couple days. There was no HR Dept, there was no class room you just went to work, or you went home simple as that. And this wasn't the procedure where I happened to be, it was the procedure nation wide period.
And that is what I feel is wrong with this industry, there are just too many soft bellies that have been able to float through, there's no pride anymore, you get guys that want the big bucks but don't want to pay the dues, it's a tragedy, it's a ****ing tragedy.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #154009. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOeb
Posted in reply to: Will Work For Food by deleted
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Will Work For Food tclinewalker 10/13/2005 12:11:00 AM
Re: Will Work For Food Gary Vest 10/12/2005 9:55:00 PM