Create your free account now! Sign up

No Contract, No Travel

This is for all those that placed ads for crews. ANSWER your PHONE & EMAILS. If you don't need people anymore, take the ad out.

I've been in the business for over 15 years and have never seen such BS as I have the past month.

Companies expect us to travel thousands of miles on a promise. I know that they didn't leave their home sweet home without a contract from a Prime. But they expect us to wait till we get there to sign a contract with us.

Then to hear the stories from those that traveled down there only to be told that they aren't needed.

I think that we all should stay where we are and wait till all the HACKS and A@@HOLES get thrown out and then we'll see who really needs people.

I myself, have been in contact with a number of contractors that say come down there's a load of work. If there's all this work, SIGN a CONTRACT with these workers and get them down there working. Alot of workers have been out of work or just eeking by in there local area. They don't have the funds to just up and go with no guarantee that they will have work when they get there.

It seems to me that every Tom, Dick, & Harry that ever did an install is trying to get rich off of others work.

So again I repeat. If you need crews, Offer them a contract and a good wage before they leave home. You'll find that more will respond and you'll get the more experenced crews and not the Hacks.

I'm a owner of an installation company in Cali. and have crews that want to work. I will not send my guys traveling on a promise of a contract.

So in other words, To all those that need help. I say," **** or get off the pot." If you are a real business owner and need workers, don't screw with them. Offer a fair wage and you will see a better response. And be "HONEST", You'll get more BEES with Honey than with ****.

My name is Terry and I own Cable-Runners in Fresno,Ca. And this is my opinion. Does anyone else feel the same?
This is CABL.com posting #153382. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mN34
Posted in reply to: Adds posted for work ASAP then no response by sdelnay
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: No Contract, No Travel dangerous dan 10/5/2005 4:47:00 PM
Re: No Contract, No Travel CoaxMatt 10/1/2005 10:47:00 AM
Re: No Contract, No Travel bushmaster 9/30/2005 4:11:00 PM
Re: No Contract, No Travel Wife of a cable guy 9/30/2005 2:56:00 PM
Re: No Contract, No Travel norm55 9/30/2005 1:46:00 PM