Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act.

Union sizes have been declining but this is mostly due to many companies moving their manufacturing operations overseas or to Mexico. You think it is about popularity, but it isn't. Most people are scared to be pro-union because they fear losing their job. I tried to organize Ironwood under the IBEW and I was fired for it. I now have an attorney working on the case as well as a new case against them for another wrongdoing. That level of intimidation really slows growth, but it is the relocation of manufacturing jobs overseas that is the cause of the decline.

Why do you think most American cars, aren't? Look at your American car and see if the VIN starts with a 1 or a 4. If it doesn't it wasn't made in America. That is because most American automobile manufacturers have moved their plants to Mexico or Canada. I have 1 American car and 2 "imports". The American car was made in Canada, and the 2 imports were made here in America. They are Nissans and were made in Tennessee and Mississippi. I am always for buying American whenever possible, but both Nissans I own put more American men and women to work than most Fords, Chevys or Dodges. All of the good ol American cars now are made by non-union foreign labor whereas they were made in union plants before. Thats the cause of your decline.
This is CABL.com posting #152911. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNWt
Posted in reply to: Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act. by midwest fiber guy
There are 0 replies to this message