Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: unbelievable

I also got into cable in the late 70's when there was not piece work only hourly. And if you went out of town, you paid your own way. (fuel to get there, meals and hotel) Min. wage was about $2.65 an hour and a grunt started out at $3.50, lineman-$6.75, foreman-$8.00 and a project manager-$10.50. And you better know your stuff, show up on time, sobber and clean or you got your walking papers.

I got so tired of these so called "Cable Gods" coming into my office, looking like they have been living under a bridge, still drunk and reeking of booze or dope from last night, with maybe an 8th grade education, a torn up line bag with only half their gear because the rest is in the pawn shop, demanding $30+ an hour because they are god's gift to cable. And by the way, they need $1000.00 advance to get their gear out of hock and to pay hotel, travel and etc. I got so tired of this, I quit offering aerial construction to my customers. And when it started drifting to the UG, splicing, and MDU crews, I had enough, sold the business and got out.
This is CABL.com posting #152654. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNSk
Posted in reply to: Re: unbelievable by K R ZACK
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: unbelievable Petergunn 9/17/2005 2:07:00 AM