Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: This industry needs protection of the trade

You're really for that? I'm sure your goal is higher wages for the trade, that's not the way to accomplish that for me. In the city (Grand Rapids, MI) where I'm from they legally make you hire a "licensed" plummer at what ever rate they want to charge you just to put a p-trap on your sink. Want to put in a new electrical outlet? It's also a no brainer for most handy people with a $5 - $10 cost, but not in GR, you have to hire a Licensed Electrician (maybe $150.00). You can read the NEC and if you're handy there's no reason you wouldn't be as competent as any electrician (at least on residential work). I'm always for less regulation, not more! I guess that's why I own land in Northern Ontario and as soon as I sock away enough money I can go there, legally build my house any size, any way I want with NO government permits and no government interference what so ever. Just the way I like it! Just like the founding fathers of this country had and wanted!!!!!!!!!!!! Way too much regulation already, but that's just me. (bigsmile)
This is CABL.com posting #152052. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNIC
Posted in reply to: This industry needs protection of the trade by inthewoods
There are 0 replies to this message