Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: dishnetwork superdish

Another tidbit of superdish peculiarities is the trouble call that says they are having trouble with the locals on 121. The first thing I ask is if it is all the time or just in the evening or when. Reason I ask is because the 121 on that AM band with the FSS LNB is on the same frequency as the car radar detectors. During the day everything is fine, but in the evening when the hubby or Mrs. or the neighbor comes home from work, he or she parks the car on the driveway and leaves the radar detector on. Go out on the driveway and shut it off and it's magic, everything is fine. I've gone to the neighbors driveway and seen the little red pilot light on the radar detector in their car on their driveway and had them help us test the situation and again, magic. They've already been a couple houses away or even across the street. That trouble call manifests itself as the screen pixalating or checkering like a mosaic. In some, but very rare cases an AM radio station that powers down in the evening very nearby, powers down that LNB as well. In that case it sometimes will help to move the dish to the other end of the yard so as not to cross the line of sight path to the satellite with their path. Believe it or not wrapping the dish in chicken wire which looks like ----, wrapping around the back and around the edge and in to the middle until you lose your meter reading cures the problem as well. It acts like a filter for your signal. Dish ought to come up with a mesh cover like the SBC covers to be zipped onto the dish. It would look prettier but as it is rare (but DOES occur) dish is unlikely to bother with it.
This is CABL.com posting #151695. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNCR
Posted in reply to: Re: dishnetwork superdish by sdelnay
There are 0 replies to this message