Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: dishnetwork superdish

I've put in a couple thousand superdishes. I use a channel master, and so does my whole crew. The pole must be plum, and the skew and elevation must be correct. Take your inclinometer and find 220 on the dial, take a sight on something that it points to, like a tree or the edge of the neighbors roof or anything you'll remember. Point your dish and LNB's to that sight, grab your 119 lead and turn on your meter. Real close to that sighting your needle will jump and your audble will sound. If you have 119 sighted in, you WILL have your 121 and 110 as well. Go in the house and run your check switch and you will get a proper check switch on all three. On the superdish system most of your programming is on 119. 121 gives the local channels and has only a 3 degree separation from 119, so goes to reason you'll lock onto it positioned to 119. 110 has public access channels and a few others, including only a few PPV. I disagree with tuning your meter to 110 because it has a 9 degree separation to 119 and 3 more to 121. On very tight lines of sight I've only had about 1 or 2 out of thousands that couldn't receive 110. In those two isolated cases if the customer doesn't care about PPV or local access channels, like the University's on-campass channels and such , Dish ok'd them signing a waiver accepting it's deletion.
If you are having troubles like these, chances are you are new and probably haven't been apprised of the two dish option, using a 500 Dish for 110 and 119, and a 75E for 121. That is another scenario and rarely needed but is available. One dish may be on the roof of the house and the other on the roof of the garage for example. The 34 switch is mounted with the 500 and the 121 lead is run from the switch to the other dishes (75E) location. Splitting a tree with 110 on one side of it and 119-121 on the other is another sometimes used option.
Come to think of it, you may be having trouble for not using an inclinometer. You need a clear line of sight from 205-225 on your inclinometer. 110 will sit at 210 and an elevation of 34 degrees. 119 will be at 220 also at 34 degrees. 121 will be at about 223 at an elevation of about 30 degrees (it sits a little lower because it is about twice as far out) That 121 is on the old AM frequency or K-band using a FSS LNB rather than the DBS's on 110-119. You may not have the entire line of sight and is why you have trouble getting a complete check switch summery.
This is CABL.com posting #151678. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNCA
Posted in reply to: dishnetwork superdish by stp112
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: dishnetwork superdish sdelnay 8/30/2005 12:56:00 PM