Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: GFC walking dead

GFC did indeed have a few good people in management - about as high as the PM level. Beyond that, the place was riddled with corporate incompetence and no industry experience. The only thing the top management was keeping a close eye on was how much money they could skim off without anyone taking notice (cooking the books as some might say) and timing their exit strategy just shy of the chapter 7 announcement.

With regards to the Lehman comment -- "Service is Service and Employees are Employees"....... As a general rule of thumb, an average assessment if you will -- I'd bet my paycheck that a Sears Service Technician would rate a better score fixing my dryer than a GFC Tech reconnecting my CATV. Why you ask?

The bottom line...... PRICE = QUALITY = MORALE and here's where the guys are today:

Discos = $4.00
A/O's = $6.00
SDU New Connect (with 1st outlet and digital box included) = $18.00
1st digital box = FREE
Etc, Etc, Etc.

The AVERAGE cable installer earns $500-700 weekly (50-60 hours weekly). Extract fuel, taxes, any child support, etc. and take home is a whopping $250-$350 per week. Throw in a backcharge or two for arriving 5 minutes late to a job, and he nearly worked for free.

These people think they know everything and everyone........ well, they know at least one guy for sure - his name is Jack ****. Execs need to get out of the bed with the MSO's and in touch with reality.

The last missing piece is the unfortunate truth that the Local MSO Ops. have no spine......

The moal of the story you ask? Now is the time to fix the pricing epidemic.

FFG

This is CABL.com posting #151439. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNyJ
Posted in reply to: GFC walking dead by 1st to Kink
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: GFC walking dead JustinJ 8/26/2005 6:38:00 AM
Re: GFC walking dead 1st to Kink 8/25/2005 11:29:00 PM