Create your free account now! Sign up

TW box activation

Does anyone out there have a secret for activating digital/dvr/hd boxes. The procedure I'm to follow......Call my dispatcher for a refresh, if that don't do it call my dispatch again. If the second call doesn't get er done(I usually do a hard reboot at this point) , I'm to call TW dispatch for a hard hit.

I usually wait for the hit , then the reboot, when the correct time comes on I turn the box on and wait painfully for the dots. The aggravation this process puts the techs through is mind numbing, I'm guessing the dispatchers don't like it either.

I'd say 10% of the time the first call activates, maybe 60% on the second call. If I have to make a 3rd call it usually gets it done except for tonight, which prompted this note. I probably bogged down the dispatchers singlehandedly with that one freakin box.

It refused to activate(levels were excellent). Fortunately I had another box, but that added another 20 minutes to a job that should have been a simple in and out.

The single box upgrades are nightmares for me, get paid very little and usually run into issues.
This is CABL.com posting #150847. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNpb
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: TW box activation hurmanator 8/13/2005 9:18:00 PM
Re: TW box activation RadioMan 8/12/2005 12:57:00 AM
Re: TW box activation DZW! 8/11/2005 11:47:00 PM