Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: LAST -GFC someone out their might want to kno

Jabrbox,
You are absolutely correct. Yes, we have to move on because we have children to feed, mortgages to pay, etc... But to let the people who lied to us and plainly worked us for free off the hook is NOT AN OPTION!
Here is a letter from one of our people GFC who is helping lead the fight to get accurate info on what to do or at least steps to take to try and get what is owed.
Hope this info is helpful.

Greetings to all I hope that you all are getting along ok.
I've got some information to share with all former employees. Last thurs. July 7 GFC filed for Chapter (7) with the Federal Bankrupcy court in in the Eastern section of New York. The Case number is ( 05 20953 & 20964 ). The Trustee for the Bankrupcy has been named by the court the Law Firm is Luskin - Stern & Isler. Peter Beardsley (a summer intern) is assisting the Trustee. The Phone number for the law firm is ( 212 ) 293-2700. All Employees will be recieving a letter in the mail explaining the process and the steps being taken to get thru this as quickly as possible. If you do not recieve the letter by the end of day wednesday the 20th please contact Peter. Ed Clemons worked very had in the 11th hour to do all that he could for us. This included submitting a list of names and addresses of all Employees to the court. Bob Rockwell and myself have been in contact with all of the Labor Boards both State and Federal. The only help they were able to get for us was the above information.Since GFC filed Chapter 7 it made it impossible for the labor boards to help us, It's out of there jurisdiction, they are powerless in A bankrupcy case. The trustee has sent out teams to all our former work locations to secure all assets. All assets will be auctioned off and the proceeds go into a fund. The Courts will then decide who gets what, and how much. There will be a very important date comeing up, this date will be the drop dead date for all of us to file a claim. Once the trustee has completed gathering up all of the assets and disposeing of same, they will then go back to court. The Courts will then order the Trustee to send out a notice for us to file a claim and establish the final date for filling, they will then establish a bar date with the court for final disposition of all proceeds. What form the notice will take has yet to be determined I will be staying in contact with the trustee, and will keep us all updated. I do not know how long this site (GFC webmail) will stay up, I will continue to use it as long as I can. If the site goes done we will switch to my E-mail address which I will give out at the end of this message. I would ask that all Former Operations Managers send me an e-mail address where I can get in touch with you. we will then set it up like a phone tree,so that we can reach out to all. I would also ask that you get the contact information of your former Teams. "WERE IN THIS TOGETHER ,LETS WORK TOGETHER" at the end of the day all we have is each other. I know we all have frustrations but lets try and keep them under control, watch what you say on this site (GFC webmail) , we don't want to give any one an excuse to prematurly shut us down. I will continue to keep you all updated on future events that might impact us. I will post a copy of the letter from the Trustee, as soon as I recieve it." Remember you are not alone in this" !!!

Marc Fischer
Cell # (925) 899-1203
(-REDACTED-)
This is CABL.com posting #149843. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mM8Z
Posted in reply to: Re: LAST -GFC someone out their might want to kno by jabrbox
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: LAST -GFC someone out their might want to kno macableguy 7/16/2005 6:36:00 PM