Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act.

Hmmm.
Comcastwatch. I am not at all surprised that it is not a Comcast sponsored site. It is sponsored by CWA and co-sponsored by IBEW.
When I first read your posting, something in there caught my eye that disturbed me. I couldnt quite figure it out, but it reeked of misdirection. When you sent the link for the source, I went to the site and read it again. Then it hit me.
I happened to be in South Florida in 2002 checking on the progress of some construction in Miami. When I pulled up to the corporate offices, there were several representatives for IBEW and CWA out front. When I inquired about what was going on, I was informed that these unions were trying to get in the door.

The problem is----- The door said AT&T--- NOT COMCAST!

Unless Comcast owned some outlying system of Miami, and that is what is being referenced in their claim, then this example is bunk! I do know that Hialeah proper is now owned by Comcast (After the AT&T purchase), so I think it is safe to assume categorically it was all owned by AT&T at the time.

IMHO, I believe this site to be a propoganda site intended to lead folks around like sheep, and creating a groundswell of approval for support of unions.

I dont like it. If you do, go for it. So far, it hasnt been successful in the industry, nor has it been good for the people that join.
This is CABL.com posting #148305. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMKb
Posted in reply to: Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act. by DFW Tecs
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act. cablegrunts 9/16/2005 2:10:00 PM