Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I just have a question for the old In House Da

Don't think of it as an end. I started in CATV in 1988, moved on to a large Telecom company in 1996. I seen alot of mistakes take place from persons operating the companies with large titles. They are really no different or have any better decision making then you or I. There is a bright future ahead for CATV in my eyes the MSO's are half way there. they need guidance from experienced persons like yourself. You can definitely make a positive difference.

The future will be full of consolidations and buyouts. With those consolidations they will connect systems to run bandwidth longhaul cheaply. More fiber deployment and upgrades to these aquired networks. There are less and less CLEC's every year so I hope the MSO's continue to compete in the VoIP market. Some CATV companies are buying OC192's to pipe bandwidth and I never thought I would ever see it happen.

The only way the big CLEC's are hopeing to keep the market share is FTTH fiber to the house. With the money they spent for these newly aquired long haul carriers it will slow down their deployment. CATV MSO's have damaged their revenue on local phone service. The large CLEC's change their game plan it seems from day to day. Help the CATV MSO's run fiber to the house FTTH and I believe they will be ahead of the game.

Think of the future, if you are in a position to make it operate differently for the better, do it. Technology is moving forward, embrace it. CATV has a future it just takes experience and positive thinking toward the future to guide it. I hope the old cable dawgs that I worked with in the past are making a difference.

Off on a tangent, why would someone looking at a resume and sees that the person they potientally could hire has more experience then them and could do or take over their position. Job security. At the top of the ladder, this happens alot. Keep a positive attitude your experience is needed by us all.
This is CABL.com posting #146862. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMmU
Posted in reply to: I just have a question for the old In House Dawgs by frame relay
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I just have a question for the old In House Da CABLEGUY69 6/1/2005 10:43:00 AM