Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I just have a question for the old In House Da

2 years ago I was in the same boat, same as many of you worked my way up from installer to system manager, lots of certs, and diplomas.

Then AT&T got into the mix and everything went south, found myself out of the cable industry for 6 moths. Ended up taking a job driving a truck for a bit. But I kept sending out resumes, I had 6 or 7 different ones tailored toward what ever the position was I was
applying for.

Then I got an offer to work for a small co over seas. I was in a position where I could say yes. Kids are grown and on there own wife is now with her boyfriend, so I took it.
Best thing I ever did, the money good, no tax’s to pay, lots of things to do on my off time, I got to bring my kids over for visits and show a whole new part of the world.

Yeah the older you get the harder it is to change jobs, some people are afraid you are to set in your ways and can’t accept change. Others that don’t have your knowledge are afraid if they give you the job you will make them look bad or take their job, and then there are those people that are just to ignorant to appreciate the knowledge, skill and experience you have to offer them. But don’t give up not everyone is like the people above.

Good luck and hang in there.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #146017. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mL9h
Posted in reply to: I just have a question for the old In House Dawgs by frame relay
There are 0 replies to this message