Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I just have a question for the old In House Da

I know how you feel, I have 20+ years in cable but on the contracting side, I worked my way up from a 4 man flatbed strand crew to sweep tech to fiber splicer, project manager, all the way to Director of what was one of the largest Fiber Companies out there with over 80 techs. But with the down turn in the industry a few years ago I found myself looking for work, my thought was to go in house and leave the ups and downs of coctracting behind, (I do miss it though) I sent out 100's of resume over a 6 to 9 month period. Out of those I only got one call, and its was for a Tech Supervisor, I was offered and took the job and in less then I year I have been offered a Tech Manger position. I do not have a degree but I to know how a cable system should run, and was given the chance to prove it to an MSO and it is now paying of in less then a year. All I can say is stay with it and keep sending out the resumes, the right job will come along, the one thing I did was look for work in more rual area's thinking there would be less people wanting to move/work in smaller towns and it payed off, I am now relocating at their expense to a much larger system and City.
This is CABL.com posting #145962. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mL8o
Posted in reply to: I just have a question for the old In House Dawgs by frame relay
There are 0 replies to this message