Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I just have a question for the old In House Da

As a cable dawg once said. "No job is too hard, some just don't pay enough". I have also been in this biz for 26 years and like you, I started as an installer and worked my way up. I have been a Plant manager twice. I am working for my third MSO now but I never had more fun working than the 5 year stint I put in splicing for a contractor a few years back. The pay was good. It was much less structured than working for the big MSO. It was a small contractor but the people made the difference. I worked directly for the owners and they were great to work for. (This is not always the case) Moving my family around did get a little old so I decided to take this gig back home. Here I assume plant manager duties but I wear many hats. Being such a small system I do installs even today. I think I'm just a highly paid installer sometimes. If the money is right I will take that Tech job, (for the right company) I don't have to be a manager or supervisor. I may even go back to splicing someday. If you can find any advice in all this rambling, good. And good luck.
This is CABL.com posting #145910. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mL7y
Posted in reply to: I just have a question for the old In House Dawgs by frame relay
There are 0 replies to this message