Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Attn: Fiber Splicers

What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that when the project is over, the system is supposed to work. You get a bunch of green splicers doing ringcuts on ribbon and there are going to be a lot of open blue and aqua fibers. Nothing against green splicers, we all were once and I'm sure there are a few of us that wouldn't want to sign our names to the first few jobs we've done. That's why you work for a journeyman as a helper for a few years to be exposed to a lot of this. The problem is there just aren't that many experienced splicers in the industry anymore. I was out in California and the majority of people I saw were copper and coax splicers getting their feet wet. Most I had talked to had never spliced a fiber before in their life but were promised training if they showed up. That's like hands on training on the space shuttle just before they blast off. When will Verizon ever figure it out. When it's done, they're brand new outside fiber plant will look like it's 20 years old.
This is CABL.com posting #145092. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLUm
Posted in reply to: Re: Attn: Fiber Splicers by stupidcableguy00
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Attn: Fiber Splicers LostCause 4/22/2005 4:34:00 PM