Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Labor question

Let me tell you a TRUE story that might have some impact on your decision.
Just a couple of years ago shortly after 9/11. I live in a rural area that has quite a few large dairy farms. This one farm inparticular had hired some mexicans as hands. These people did not speak hardly any english ( imagine that ) any ways the farm owner asked his nieghbor down the road if he could take these people to town once aweek to get there groceries and what not. This man was a retired teacher and new there language ( I had this man for a teacher myself in high school ). Being that this man was a very nice person, always willing to help people out ( his whole family was the same way ....good christiains), he agreed.
And so it went, once every week he would go up to the farm and pick them up and take them the 15 mi. to town. Well along about the 6th trip they were coming out of the store and were ALL detained by imigration officers. They took these immigrants to jail and this man was sent to federal prison for aiding known illegal aliens. He was in prison for 2 weeks and was not allowed any contact with his family until the feds were satisfied with there interogation. After he was released he went home and was there for only days when he was hauled back to prison. Again he was detained for approximately 2 weeks. And was informed that he was facing a trial for harboring illegal aliens.
As of this point he has not had his trial and is spending his retirement on lawyers fees.
So be advised even if your innocent in this day and age its not worth the hassle to deal with these people in any fashion that is even remotely suspicious.
This is CABL.com posting #144619. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLMJ
Posted in reply to: Labor question by TWilbanks
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Labor question, my thoughts. cableho 4/12/2005 12:41:00 AM