Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Say comrade do you mean Soviet Union

First of all please forgive me for my bad spelling.

Mr. Harvey, I strongly and respecfally disagree with you. The history of big business before unions is an ugly and shameful thing. Henry Ford used to walk into your house and if you had a pack of smokes and/or a beer laying on your kitchen table you were of of a job instantly. My Grandfather lasted two days at GM each, in two days one man died and two others were mamed for life. Before unions there was an average of one death per week at GM and Ford factorys. Unions were created to protect workers from the greed of the wealthy. Are you going to tell me that the wealthy are going to change there ways because this is 2005 instead of 1950. I don't think so. Now more than ever the middle class needs to be protected.
You spend one day talking to what Big business has done to the best work force in the world, the people of the Burbs of Detroit and Fint and you tell me we don't need Unions. All of the way build machine, QC things, assemble things were figured out by the past workers at GM and Ford and how did they get honered by a huge plant being relocated to Texas during thr last Bush Admin. Are you going to tell me that Texas workers at that time are mored skilled than generations of Michigan auto factory workers? Its all about one thing big lobby polical promises. What has happened is this country is we have forgotten is us agianst them. It always has been and always wiil be. You want some recent proof. Exxon just had one of its most profitable quarters ever. Think about your any Economics education you may have had, there is only one way to have great profits whith a high suppier price that is to raise your priice behond any reason. How about this lets have the Oil companies lose money for a few years.

Very angry at conservitive black and white thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #144584. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLMa
Posted in reply to: Say comrade do you mean Soviet Union by Steve Harvey
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Say comrade do you mean Soviet Union Steve Harvey 4/11/2005 3:38:00 PM