Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mastec North America

I don't know alot about the IBEW Union having never been a member of it, However in our Union, the workers are the union. We have no business agents, rather our local officers, who are elected by their members run the union. All of us, including myself are on leave of absence from our regular jobs to work for the Local. So that shoots down your theory of our union being as you refer, a "third party".

Secondly, our goal is not to just "collect dues" as you call it; we stand on our record of representing our members, bargaining contracts with their input and approval, enforcing the terms and conditions of the contract and organizing the un-organized when and if they approach us. Go on line and read our by-laws.

Thirdly, You can't hide behind the "union shield" and do no work; you'll lose your job and we won't be able to help you. We tell people that up front; everyone is expected to do whatever was agreed to in the contract ratified by the membership.

Thank you for calling me a good Union Rep; I believe very strongly that people should have rights in the workplace and that they should earn a living wage along with a decent benefits pkg.
Many of the Mastec employees believe this too; thats why they approached us in the first place!
This is CABL.com posting #144582. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLL8
Posted in reply to: Re: Mastec North America by FARREACH
There are 0 replies to this message