Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Say comrade do you mean Soviet Union

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Soviet Union didn't allow unions.

That being said, I guess that any organization that works for the betterment of workers are parasites as this is what unions primarily do. From your post it seems apparent that you feel that unions drain away money from "hosts". I guess you expect the employees to work for little or no money at all. Sounds an awful lot like Mastec.

Unions have a right to exsist because the American people decided in 1934 that people have a right to collectively bargain with their employers. If you read history, you'll find that employers have mistreated, taken advantage of and in some extreme cases have caused the death of employees. As a suggestion try reading the "Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck; it might prove to be an eye opener for you.

As to your position that anyone can quit and find another job; in a uptopian society maybe that would work; however given the working structure we exist in; that's not feasible; most people cannot afford to quit and look for another job at the drop of a hat; rather they are stuck into a sort-of-forced indentured servitude.

I'm sure you'd agree that our founding fathers would want mankind to have the ability to better themselves, whether individually or collectively.

This is CABL.com posting #144455. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLJ5
Posted in reply to: Say comrade do you mean Soviet Union by Steve Harvey
There is 1 reply to this message
Soviet Country was one big Union look at it now Steve Harvey 4/8/2005 4:59:00 PM