Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Proper grounding (DTV install)

Some of you might get pissed at this. But this is what I do.

If I have no ground available and I am at a single family home. If it is owned I have the owner sign of on the work order that they will have an electricial come and place a proper ground in. I then leave them 10 ft of ground and connect everything as if it was grounded. If the home is a rental. I dont do the install period untill I have spoken to the landlord or owner myself and get them to agree to have an electrician come and do the ground. I also have a written statement from them. If it is an apartment. If there is no ground no worries. In my area you can only count on a apartment install 50% of the time anyways. THen when you can you can bet its going to be expensive for them. IE Flat cables, tripod, bucket and pole whatever.

If my LOS is on the opposite side of a home than electrical ground. Look for Cold water. You might have to go under the house into the basement for it. But you can ussually find one. Its very rare that I EVER leave a house ungrounded. And if it is. MY ass is protected. You better believe that customer is signing a liability agreement with me. And they know exactly why.
This is CABL.com posting #144302. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLHC
Posted in reply to: Proper grounding (DTV install) by zss tech
There are 0 replies to this message