Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dish installs question

Goinbroke, I may have to be a little hard on you bro. But I hope your still feelin the love after this. The wind builds up static charge? What idiot told you that bro? Wind buids up a charge on metal objects (fact) diodes' are destroyed by static (fact). But for a dish to build up that much static and discharge it is crazy. If that were true i couldn't go out and start my truck after a windy nite because it would blow every diode in the truck. Or I couldn't go for a walk on a windy evening. Your thinking the whole time that all these scenerios are grounded,,, not true. If you were grounded all the time you wouldn't get static build-up in your body, but you still get a little jolt after you walk across carpet. The same applys' to a dish. And lets remember that a dish doesn't move, therefore lowering the static potential. Also the "static" wire is steel with a copper coating, which means it don't do JACK. ALSO, why is it so important to attatch the static line to the foot mount??? Most of the mounts are mounted in a wood surface and the az/el adjustment is also metal so why not put the static line on there??? I'll tell you,,, its B.S!!!! Stop listening to the powers that be and use your head son. Static lines dont do ANYTHING!!!! Its the plain truth, from a dawg with alot of years under his belt. Hope this helps bud. I didn't want to be too hard on you. Later, Red(snipper)(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #144300. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLHA
Posted in reply to: Re: Dish installs question by goinbroke
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dish installs question Emerger 4/6/2005 12:22:00 PM