Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cival rights voilations

This has become a trend in the industry. As contractors, our job is to get it done and get it done fast with the best quality for nothing. Now these companies that hire us to do this impossible job are telling us that we can’t hire who we want. What’s next?
I know in the past some contractors would hire vagrants or day labor people to fill openings and these people would do more damage then anything else. Now that these contractors are gone and only the best remain they are putting us through this b#^^$&it.

I was told (by a well known and one of the biggest cable companies) all new hire info must be submitted to them for approval to hire, period. We could hire them but they would not give them a tech number to work on the contract. We were told we must hire only people with at least one year experience, clean drug history, have a perfect driving and employment history. I know a few VP’s of this company that can’t make these requirements and we pay piece work.

As contractors we need to get these companies off our backs on who we hire. It’s not there company. If we are not getting the job done then fire us. Otherwise, lets us do what we do and stay out of our business. If there not careful one of us will get ticked off and sue them. The McDonalds lady won her coffee suit, we might just win this one.
(smile)
This is CABL.com posting #144063. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLDL
Posted in reply to: Cival rights voilations by staashen
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cival rights voilations/behoove johngault 3/30/2005 4:16:00 PM