Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Technical questions for any gurus out there

I'm an old cable guy from way back. I got involved with some nitwits on a government contract. These signal levels are verbatim from their design. I thought they were ****ED up from the start, I just wanted a second opinion.

They made, what I believe to be, several additional mistakes on this project. I'm, again, just looking for a second opinion.

Try this: You've designed a system, but didn't know you had to contact the local electric company to install electric service to the power supplies. Do you:

A: Wait for the electric company
B: Have your CATV contractors cut in to the overhead electric lines with razor knives, and connect power themselves?

If you choose option B, and find that at one power supply the overhead electric service is dead, having been replaced by a new electrcic service on the opposite side of the street, do you:

A: Wait for the electric company
B: Have the CATV contractors cut the dead electrcic system, pull the wires across the street, and reconnect the dead electric system?

Your thoughts and comments are apreciated.
This is CABL.com posting #142499. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLex
Posted in reply to: Re: Technical questions for any gurus out there by lostlineman2
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Technical questions for any gurus out there Splicer Life 4me 2/18/2005 2:01:00 AM