Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Technical questions for any gurus out there

MISSING INPUT//what tilt are we going for? 5db or 7db and is it a contant tilt between amp vrs line extender? you must figure legs with straight loss and taps too . they effect tilt vrs footage. by what I read I would assume that the last l.e. needs to be re/balanced. But in reality you have to start with the amp because if it isnt pumping out correct db, everything else is just going to go downhill and over correcting a problem just makes it worse the further down the line you go. next thing you know you are useing a zero pad with a 32.5eq to achieve a proper level vrs tilt. Not to jump on your story, but this is one of the most likely causes of crossmod, distortion, and basically a sh@tty picture. 9 times out of ten the equipment is fine, but the system has not been balanced properly from start to end .

(cool)(smokin)(beerchug)(usa)
just an old lineman//grew up with a sawdust pumper in between my belt. chased a 1 ton for years run a T40-C(PRO)//I actually know how to operate it. never could figure out that sawdust pumper//he//he
This is CABL.com posting #142498. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLew
Posted in reply to: Technical questions for any gurus out there by Emerger
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Technical questions for any gurus out there Emerger 2/18/2005 12:45:00 AM