Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: certification

Of all the jobs I've had, catv has the loosest controls, it's almost anarchy when it's time to find work. A major portion of this is because the MSO's create a huge reflection in the work force. Their purchase orders start and stop so the work force is first hiring any warm body that walks in the door. Then the job is "finished". There is a huge sign wave that developes. Most of the people who have picked up on the technology move on and when the next job starts the labor force is at the bottom of the wave.
I'm not sure that the pencil pushers at hq realize the full concequences of this. They can train SCTE installs and do cmts upgrades till the cows come home but if there is still cracked shield and back nuts not pushed all the way on, their 5 9's on a lot of nodes/cmts cards are going to be full of 5 0's. ( I'm in a system that wants to do the telephone thing and they still have dead taps left over from the last build )

A stable production schedule and therefore stable work force would improve things at both ends.
This is CABL.com posting #142492. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLeq
Posted in reply to: Re: certification by router
There are 0 replies to this message