Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: certification

There are certifications for the Cable industry through 2 organizations, The SCTE and NCTI both have outstanding programs. The SCTE is the most popular. Certification starts at the installer level and continues through system and maintenance tech, construction and so on.
I started out many years ago with the NCTI certification and have completed all of there certifications and also a member of the SCTE.

These certifications have certainly helped me to better understand my job and to get jobs in the industry as a more qualified candidate.

The cable industry has taken the position of training there employees in-house and if they work out then they will spend the money for more formal training on them through the SCTE or NCTI
to better there productivity and worth to the company.

In the cable industry you deal with a more defined location as apposed to the satellite industry where jobs can be hours apart, It is easier to qc in a cable system to insure quality than it is in the satellite world. So to me it only makes since to require installers of satellite systems who have little direct supervision to be fully certified and qualified before sending them cross country to do an install.

I also think that the price for a certified and qualified individual should be going up not down in cable and satellite.
This is CABL.com posting #142449. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLdJ
Posted in reply to: certification by router
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: certification Rich 2/17/2005 3:45:00 PM