Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Where are all the stories?

Ok got another one for ya...
About 10 years ago we were sent to a skid row hotel to rewire the building, the whole thing from POE to the wallplate. It was a 4 or 5 story building so my coworker and i decided we would check out the place first, then we would each take a couple floors to work on. Well when we got to the 4 th floor, the elevators doors opened to a whole new world of stink.I mean it was really bad.so there we were arguing over what the cause of the smell was. (did I mention this was during a heat wave??)
Being an avid hiker/hunter I have happened along my share of dead things in the bush, and this smell ranked right up there. so my guess was ....Its a dead junkie. no no no my coworker sez thats not what a dead thing smells like at all. oh yes I say that is exactly what a dead thing smells like. back and forth it went ...no its not , yes it is. one thing we did agree on was that it smellled to bad to work on that floor. so we flipped....I lost .
The smell was so bad that I decided that the urine soaked alley was a much better place to assemble everything. once done I picked up all my tools, service boxes ,LE's and what not and headed up to the 4th floor..... What I found when the elavators doors opened was that the coroner and the police were all there now, with the door opened to the room with the dead guy in it. Man, the smell had to have magnified at least 10 times!!!! It hit me like a truck. I couldnt breathe. I turned to get back on the elavator, but the doors had just closed. I was turning green and desperate to get out of there ,then a cop pointed and said "stairs" THANK GOD. I dropped everything and fled , head stuck out an open window in the staiwell trying to regain my composure.
Well now I knew the soure of the smell and most important...I was right. so I ran downstairs to where my coworker was working .HA HA I TOLD YOU IT WAS A DEAD GUY !!! as I got closer he got a strange look on his face GET AWAY FROM ME he yelled YOU STINK .... the smell had clung to me, for the rest of the day I got to smell like dead junkie. (but at least iI was right)
This is CABL.com posting #142102. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mK78
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Where are all the stories? catvtony 2/10/2005 8:41:00 PM
Re: Where are all the stories? vdctec 2/10/2005 6:19:00 PM