Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is It A Pattern??

Thank you all for your thoughts and assistance on answering the "Pattern" question. Now I know what to expect in my new career. What JohnGault says makes sense. The bean-counters are hopeing to get the same results in performance for 2005 as they did in 2004 but at lower costs. I don't know if they are going to see it though. Today we had 4 senior lead techs quit. Lots of experiance walked away to go rope pre-wire in new builds.

After seeing some of the piece rates ya'll have posted, I really shouldn't complain. Modem Installs are at $25 (down from $30). Digi & HD Installs are at $18.50 now (down $0 on digi, & $24 on HD). Outlets are at $6.25 (down from $7.10). Primary connects are still at about $11. Arial Drops are at $10. The good news is the wall fishes went from $15 up to $30, but the customer cost is now $75 (up from $35) Sub-floor wall-fishes used to be free to the customer, but are now also $75 bucks paying $30 to the tech.

The silver lining for us now is the launch of telephony in Q3 of 2005 but there are rumors that Cox-LV will be bringing in another outside contractor to do the launch. Yet another rumor is that they will tackle the launch in-house. Anyone working a system with Cox when your region launched VoIP?? Who did the installs and customer ed?
This is CABL.com posting #141999. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mK6t
Posted in reply to: Is It A Pattern?? by RadioMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Is It A Pattern?? onetec 2/14/2005 12:48:00 AM