Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: western networks broken agreement

I hear ya bud. I've been fighting the fight as well and still have nothing to show for it yet. I've pretty well already lost everything except for my family. Business is gone. The vultures are flying around trying to get what's left even though there is nothing because it was all used just to survive.

2004 was a terrible year for this company. Started off with plenty of work and got slower as time went on. 1st contractor, Figure 8 Cable, apparently got paid from Time Warner and stiffed the subs for over $400,000. 2nd contractor, Beacon Communications, has followed in the same footsteps of the first and hasn't paid subs over $120,000. It just so happened I was a sub that got caught by both F%^&S. 5 months of work, paying all expenses and then don't get paid a dime. Time Warner says it's not their problem cause they don't have a contract with the subs, so no obligation. That's BULL $H!T. Worked as a prime for the area from 95-03 with no problems and then pushed to work as sub for being to small.

Funny to me that it's not their problem, but if any of us that were screwed go out and remove our work that they are generating $$$'s on we will be the ones on the wrong side of the law.

Then also Time Warner says to go after the contractor. What contractor? Both went out of business so best case scenario is to pay $$'s to a lawyer to end up with a worthless judgement in court.

Because of all that I haven't worked in catv since Sept 04 with very little if any intentions of returning.

I feel your pains bud. Hitmen are starting to really look good. But then I'm too broke for that now too....lmao.
This is CABL.com posting #141662. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mK02
Posted in reply to: Re: western networks broken agreement by thpharr
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: western networks broken agreement thpharr 1/31/2005 9:18:00 PM