Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: little dog ran over///

GOOD LUCK on your pine box, I imagine it will turn out well, considering the picture behind your story written very thoughtfully. It is true that many of us are 'glazed eyed' into product/productivity more than safety, well being and self preservation, and this is a shame-we all hurry alot at times.
I hit a dog on the way to a clients home a few years ago, he did not die immediately-I wrapped the ferral Border Collie pup in my jacket-I found the nearest vet and there was no hope-no matter how much money i had, and believe me I would have spent it. My mind was tilted towards my damn cell phone with client on the other end instead-on account of being lost in the sticks. My burden and it hurts today. For this I learned to slow down, not specifically on the hiway, but in consideration for the pressure I put on my self and my team.
Life is much longer and more important than any slackspan, ditch, satellite-CATV appointment or whatever you do.
Thanks for reminding me when it is easy to forget sometimes. I will share your story with my staff.
Regards.
This is CABL.com posting #141538. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKY2
Posted in reply to: little dog ran over/// by lostlineman2
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: little dog ran over/// lostlineman2 1/30/2005 3:20:00 AM