Create your free account now! Sign up

little dog ran over///

That 's right the little dog lost his life today. We were doing about 75 mph and he darted across the hiway. I was riding s/gun in the truck. I shouted twice: DOG///DOG/// My next words were" Nevermind he's dead"
Earlier today I was doing locate work along the hiway and that dog followed us for about 2 miles before lunch. Hell he didnt care about the dicth that we located thru; I walk around , he went right thru it. Later tonight I learned that the boring crew that I located for spent there lunch hour with the dog. They fed him fried chicken and Bucco even gave him the rest of his Snickers candy bar.
As we approached him at 75mph, I noticed he stopped in our lane and turned his head back towards the other side of the hiway. After we stopped I saw a fox or possibly mountain lion
off in the feild. It all came together. The little dog without reguards to himself was protecting his territory against an invader . Ive built a little pine box tonite for our little friend and plan on seeing the owners in the morning.
Now what the hell does this got to do with CATV,Telephone, or Utility??????? A whole hell of a bunch. thats right!!!!! That little dog was so concerned about the danger behind him that he never saw the danger in front of him//End result , He lost his LIFE which is not replaceble. This is a true story about today and I guess it gave me a wake up call to safety.
The point is/// Guy's/Gal's; look forward into whats going on and foresee the danger that does exist. before working a utility pole always study the hazard situations of the pole. Electricity is just like that damn hiway///There may not be second chance.
(sad)(usa)
just an old lineman//grew up with a sawdust pumper in between my belt. chased a 1 ton for years run a T40-C(PRO)//I actually know how to operate it. never could figure out that sawdust pumper//he//he
This is CABL.com posting #141367. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKWh
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: little dog ran over/// johngault 1/29/2005 10:27:00 PM
Re: little dog ran over/// antigrunt 1/27/2005 1:31:00 PM
Re: little dog ran over/// Joe50 1/27/2005 11:22:00 AM
Re: little dog ran over/// cabledog609 1/27/2005 10:38:00 AM
Re: little dog ran over/// frame relay 1/27/2005 8:05:00 AM