Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: ATTN: LINEMAN//$800 a wk//ABOVE AVERAGE???????

You are not alone. I also manage several contracts and use this site not only for oppurtunities but try to explain the current business enviorment and the challenges with managing a project while trying to keep everyone happy.

However, I can understand the seasoned "Cable Dawgs" feeling they blazed the trail in the past and know feel they are not respected and are upset with the current pricing. The hard facts, the prices are what they are and if I over bid a project to insure I can pay high payouts, someone else will get it contract.

So I have to do my homework on any oppurtunity and bid the work not only win the project, but have the ability to attract labor resources and make descent margins for my company.

To all you old Cable Dawgs I really feel for your frustration but business is busines and even though the young guns challenge your past service to the industry pride yourself on being an early leader. Besides the young guns really are pretty good with the tougher QA standards in place these days just for me to be able get invoices paid. I wish I could tell you everything will change with pricing but I would only be doing you a dis-service for your sweat and dedication you provided to the industry.

Things have changed over the last 20 years and maybe a better use of this site would be to help each other out with constructive advice on concerns and support for each other. To be honest most folks on this site don't set the prices or contract terms.

Best of Luck to all of you......
This is CABL.com posting #141154. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKSQ
Posted in reply to: Re: ATTN: LINEMAN//$800 a wk//ABOVE AVERAGE??????? by CLUMSOMETOO
There are 0 replies to this message