Create your free account now! Sign up

How do I deal with a "cyberstalker"?

Thanks in advance for reading this little mini-drama :-)

OK, what can I do to stop this lady from harrasing us?

It started with an eBay transaction where my wife bought some victoria's secret blush that was suppossed to be new and it was used. We have almost 500 FB on eBay now, and we politely emailed the seller and she instantly became aggressive and accusatory.

Long story short - we leave her neg FB, and tell her we are filing w/Paypal (later we find out we cannot, because of no buyer protection - she was too new). Anyways, she negs us back and we file a complaint w/ eBay about her selling the used makeup and she ends up getting suspended. Then, she uses another ebay ID to buy two of our high dollar items from our store and instantly leaves us neg FB on them. eBay eventually suspends her again and after thier sweet time, finally removes the neg FB from the bogus account - but not the original.

Now, She emails us about 7 times per night from various domains - the worst being yahoo - these emails are profane, vulgar and most importantly - unwanted.

We have contacted yahoo a million times and forwarded everything to them, but she keeps getting new addys and keeps on emailing us.

I would just change my email, but it is for our eBay business and I have heard ALL the horror stories about switching addresses.

We have even gone as far as to notify the FBI and taking all of the steps on thier list before doing so.

Personally, I could care less... I just send them to a folder that we are saving them all in and do not give it a second thought. But my wife is worried that she may take further steps. (I do have to agree that my wife has this uncanny ability to get psychos after her, though) This lady was able to obtain her full real name and the cell # that I use through eBay's requesting of a user's info. She also knows the small town where we live in AZ due to it being listed in our auction and the PO BOX that the item was sent to. With enough research, it would be easy to find our house.

Any ideas? I just need to help calm my wife down.

Vic
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #140656. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKKO
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: How do I deal with a "cyberstalker"? frame relay 1/17/2005 8:39:00 AM
Re: How do I deal with a "cyberstalker"? ocffactor 1/16/2005 12:08:00 PM
Re: How do I deal with a "cyberstalker"? onetec 1/15/2005 10:45:00 AM
Re: How do I deal with a "cyberstalker"? Halfbreed 1/15/2005 10:33:00 AM
Re: How do I deal with a "cyberstalker"? mitch5 1/15/2005 12:50:00 AM
Re: How do I deal with a "cyberstalker"? cable33 1/15/2005 12:09:00 AM