Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 2005 Vs 1995

Ive been in the Biz 16 Yrs.Primarily working in the CT. area as an installer, both sub and prime,have done every thing from U/G ,
postwires,Commercial,residential.
In my opinion the biggest reason that there is such a large percentage of contract labor in the industry is because the cable companys are cheap.Contractors have built the entire industry
and continue to install and maintain them.
Now having said that,I also believe thats one reason why the Cable industry is as succesful as it has been,Inventing new technologys and having Contract labor to implement them into their subscriber base Quickly.
I can remember 10 years ago when the local Telco started building its own cable systems in Ct. we all thought we'd be working for the phone Co.boy have things changed.
The cable biz has been pretty good to me,Ive made a decent living as a contractor and believe I will continue to do so.
Think of all the new products the industry has that was not even
thought of ten years ago,Who knows what they will come up with
in the next ten years and I have no doubt us contractors will be there to implement it.
For any body new coming into the field ,learn as much as ya can
and By all means do the best job that you can for the Subscribers, because that is who ultimatly pays your pay check.
I still think its a good field to be in and will hopefully keep busy in the years to come.
Dan
This is CABL.com posting #140123. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKCd
Posted in reply to: 2005 Vs 1995 by lostlineman2
There are 0 replies to this message