Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 2005 Vs 1995

1995 vs 2005?

Pretty simple; in 1995 the cable industry was being built by venture capital with a mind on the selling of or valuatation of subs connected. In this scenario the concentration is on growth not expenses. Money flowed because the companies paying our invoices neither cared much about those bills nor about expenses in general as long as their core numbers grew. In 2005, the consolidated leaders who bought all those subs now answer to their shareholders, i.e, they must do better each quarter making a buck. I.E. times have changed.

This my opinion; all the those whining about making 2-3 grand a week and all the grotesque hacks doing the same for a grand (of which there are far too many for anyone to classify the cable contracting industry as 'serious'), ought to count their blessings because in another 5 years or so Comcast will probably be the forerunner, with unionization of the industry not far behind, in putting an end to the dominance of contract labor.

Also in my opinion, unfortunately (because I'm still playing) this eventual endtrend is being expedited by the scores of hack primes out there who have such disrespect for their industry (assuming CATV is their actual industry and not just making a fast buck) that they throw street labor on the job without proper training, show utter disregard for specifications until the **** hits the fan, and give TWC, Comcast, Cox et el daily confirmation that this said contract labor deserves no respect.

Just my two pennies.

Bad one: Prince
Good one: Helm
This is CABL.com posting #140097. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKBN
Posted in reply to: 2005 Vs 1995 by lostlineman2
There are 0 replies to this message