Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I want in???

Well said, you know I've been in a few positions through the years where I made good $$$ 401K/dental, company truck, direct deposit and so on, the biggest thing though is that I had control over the lives of all the contractors, I can't say that I never abused this authority but all in all I treated a man for what he was worth. Now I have my own out fit and as so many other contractors here I not only have to deal with the GL, comp, auto, umbrelas, the accountant, the lawyer, fuel, motels,the constance re-supply of tools broken or lost, vehical registration and break downs, not to mention Uncle Sam, these are now my daily responsbilities, but now I have to deal with my former self, the man in charge of my life, if I piss him off I'm out in some easement some where jumping fences trying to find the ped or I'm on the phone hunting down work for me and my guys, and the rules have changed, it's not good work that keeps you on a project these days, it's, well we all know what it is, sadly enough poitics over rides pride of a job done right, no matter where you stand on the ladder. It's the price of self employment, I'm not complaining, I'm stating fact. Before you turn in your LOR, you had better take this all in to account, you gain your freedom but it's 24/7 balls to the walls in a cut throat industry, it's missing most of the holidays with family or your childrens birthdays so understand this before you jump.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #140050. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKA2
Posted in reply to: Re: I want in??? by Danno22
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I want in??? Cbilstein85 1/1/2005 1:36:00 AM