Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: fiber to house

Well letssee.... I played with CATV and telco. I do telco, and to mention, add up the ammount of fiber I have placed in the state of California, I am said to be with the 1000 mile club. Now witht hat said, I place the subduct for the fiber to go into that will feed the fiber going to homes. I place these in the trenches of the track homes that are in Verizon turf. CATV fiber, though able to go anywhere and provide a large number of peopel with service, will be over shot by the fiber to the home that Bell and verizon are racing to do. When it comes down to it, who ever can provide the fastest speed both upload and download, and at the lowest cost, and to the most costomers, to the most places, will win the race and be on top. Currently, CATV is ontop only because the fiber tot he home hasn't been turned all over. But when it is, CATV will face the same problem they had before.... too small of a carrier cable and trunk cable. If CATV is going to provide faster speeds with the less ammount of drop off down the line on the one wire, they will need to make the 750 trunk into a carrier and something larger into the trunk.
This is CABL.com posting #139999. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKAd
Posted in reply to: Re: fiber to house by Wayd Wolf
There are 0 replies to this message