Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Major Cable Players bring it In-House?

I've yet to see a commish. Working in the sytem I'm in right now I've come to believe all they use us for is to clean up their antiquated system.. I mean how do you leave a HDTV Io box on a supposedly simple up/dn job in an MDU thats run with RG59 from the lock box to the sub's apt. while they are showing a -17db signal and you know if you don't jump through hoops to fix it at a loss of time and $$$ to yourself that the job will come back to bite you in the arse to the tune of $75 for the measley $14 your getting paid to do it in the first place.

We get the supervisors that tell us "hey, ya gotta take the good with the bad" .... "so this time you had to snake RG6 through the conduit and run a new line into the subs apt" .... "it makes up for the times you walk in and out of a job and get paid for doing almost nothing".
I think the only techs doing almost nothing are the hit and runners that have no pride in their work. Those 300 point a day wonders that throw the full video traps and new tags over the fence and claim they installed a new drop but really left a squirrel chewed remnant of 59 hanging overhead.
Sales out and out lie all the time. They tell the sub that they have a 2-5 appointment and that the tech will be there promptly at 2, but in reality that same tech has 3-4 two to five appointments and when the tech shows up at 2:30 he gets this attitude from the sub because he is late....OMG.
I've not kept track of the times sales has told a sub that they can take their phone # from the telco with them to VOip only to be asked after I've done a WHW and disco'd the telco, why they have a new # now.
This is CABL.com posting #139996. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKAa
Posted in reply to: Re: Major Cable Players bring it In-House? by Wayd Wolf
There are 0 replies to this message